Stewardship of KU Resources
Accounting Services helps to ensure financial integrity and good stewardship of KU financial resources by facilitating transaction processing and management.
What We Do
The primary responsibility of Accounting Services is to process general ledger transactions and perform reconciliations for the university's financials that are processed through the Financial Services office. Accounting Services also provides control measures to further ensure integrity of financial system transactions.
- Provide leadership to the university community for e-commerce activity, including facilitating requests, changes and compliance within the credit card or online payment processing environment.
- Manage the pay-cycle process and system verification to facilitate the issuance of refunds and/or disbursements for the university and unclaimed property filing.
- Reconcile financial accounting through comparable balancing between KU’s integrated systems for tuition, payroll and direct debit services and Financials In The Cloud sub-ledger modules to the Financials In the Cloud general ledgers: primary Accrual Ledger and secondary Cash Ledger.
- Handle daily financial system journal entry postings, journal request changes, adjustments, and transfers to the state impacting revenue and expense recognition.
- Manage detailed general ledger balancing for KUEA funded financial aid, billings to affiliates for reimbursable costs and payroll deduction distributions.
- Reconcile to the State of Kansas SMART system at each fund level, contributing to successful monthly reviews and fiscal year-end closing.
Looking for Financial Forms?
Log in to the Financial System Resource Center in Sharepoint for access to many financial forms and instructions.